- HDMI switch for connecting a soundbar via HDMI-ARC to 3 HDMI sources and TV, video projector or monitor
- Delivers audio from the TV (internal tuner or apps) and the 3 HDMI sources to the soundbar, supports stereo, Dolby Digital 2.0 / 5.1, DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats including Dolby Atmos (HD audio formats and Dolby MAT are not supported)
- Supports HDMI-CEC to control the external player via TV remote control, remote control for switching the input source is included
- Supports Ultra-HD resolution up to 4K 60Hz as well as HDR10, Dolby Vision, suitable for any TV or projector with HDMI input, supports HDCP 2.2
- Fits soundbar or AV receiver with HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC connection
With the VAX04100, you can play back the sound from external HDMI sources via a soundbar with ARC or eARC connection. The sound then no longer depends on which audio formats the TV or video projector supports. You can also play Dolby Atmos sound via a connected streaming box (for example, Fire TV, Shield, Roku, Sky Q).
The switch enables the connection of 3 HDMI sources such as media player, satellite receiver and PC. Switching is done automatically to the last activated device, or by a button on the front panel, or by infrared remote control. If a TV with HDMI-ARC connection is connected, the internal TV sound can also be played back via the soundbar. So the sound from cable TV, satellite TV and Smart TV apps also comes through the soundbar. Select the Audio EDID on the VAX04100 to set the maximum sound format to 7.1, 5.1 or 2.0 or to negotiate it automatically. If your soundbar has HDMI inputs, HDMI sources connected to it can also be played back.
In video, the switch supports Ultra HD resolutions up to 2160p at 60Hz, 3D, HDR formats such as HLG-HDR, HDR10 and Dolby Vision. Audio formats up to Dolby Digital Plus (including Dolby Atmos) can be transported via ARC. Apple TV 4K and Xbox One S/X deliver Dolby Atmos multichannel sound decoded, which can NOT be transmitted via ARC.
If you have high demands on the audio output, please find out which audio formats are supported by your devices (soundbar and media players). There are sometimes nonsensical restrictions with apps:
- Amazon Prime Video only delivers Dolby Atmos sound in Ultra.HD resolution
- The Netflix app on the Fire TV Stick 4K does not deliver Dolby Atmos
- Google TV / Chromecast does not deliver Dolby Digital, only Dolby Digital Plus or Stereo
- The media libraries of the TV channels and YouTube only provide stereo sound
- The multichannel sound Dolby Atmos, is almost always included only in the original language of the film (English)
Scope of delivery: Switch, power supply unit, remote control, battery