For simultaneous operation of headphones and soundbar on the TV set
Integrated decoder & downmixer, delivers stereo and Dolby Digital or DTS at the same time.
- Connect a stereo headphone, sound amplifier or transmitter to the HDMI-ARC port of your TV with this adapter (suitable for Full-HD and Ultra-HD)
- At the same time, a soundbar or AV receiver can continue to operate, even with multi-channel sound
- You can control the volume via the TV remote control (via HDMI-CEC)
- A USB socket is required for the power supply (e.g. from the TV). The internal TV speakers usually switch off in ARC mode.
- The jack output always delivers stereo, the HDMI connection also Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1.
With the VMA00201, you can tap the sound of the TV (from internal receivers for cable or satellite TV, Apps) at the HDMI socket. The audio signal is then converted to analogue and output via 3.5 mm jack.
For power supply, the adapter is connected to a free USB socket via the supplied cable. The VMA00201 then always switches on together with the TV, so that no operation is required. Volume control is possible via HDMI-CEC (also called Anynet+, Simplink, VieraLink, EasyLink, BraviaLink). Please note that televisions have only one HDMI-ARC connection. Usually, the TV switches off the internal speakers when you use HDMI-ARC.
The adapter has an integrated decoder for multi-channel sound and mixes down to stereo (so-called downmix). At the same time, multi-channel sound is passed through via HDMI. This allows a soundbar to output 5.1 sound, and stereo sound can be heard at the same time via the headphone connection. The TV remote control controls the volume for both outputs, i.e. for headphones and soundbar.
The logic is as follows:
- If only the sound bar is connected, the TV remote control controls its volume.
- If only the headphones (or stereo speakers) are connected, the TV remote control controls their volume.
- If headphones and soundbar are connected, the TV remote controls the soundbar volume. The headphone connection remains at maximum volume
- The volume last set is saved and used the next time the TV is switched on.
Note: The analogue audio output provides a standard audio level of 2 V rms. This can be used to supply audio amplifiers or audio transmitters for Bluetooth, radio or infrared headphones. The output level corresponds to that of other devices. For hard of hearing people who want to connect headphones directly via cable, the audio level of the output without amplifier might be too low.
- Output level 2 V rms
- Supported audio formats: PCM stereo, Dolby Digital, DTS
- Distortion factor THD < 0.1% at V max, 0.001% -0.01% V best
- Frequency range 20-20,000 Hz
- Power consumption < 310 mA (< 2 W power consumption)
- SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) > 90 dB
- Crosstalk > 80 dB
- Dimensions: 65 x 27 x 72 mm