- Passes the sound of an HDMI signal (up to 4K HDR) to AV receivers or active speakers, with lossless pass-through of the HDMI signal for the TV or beamer .
- Manual change of audio EDID via audio mode switch (bypass, 2.0 or 5.1 mode, enables e.g. 5.1 sound at beamer), sound output via HDMI (all audio formats), SPDIF Toslink (Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS, stereo) and for stereo also RCA analogue
- ARC (Audio Return Channel) for output of the TV sound via SPDIF Toslink optical digital output
- Built-in HDMI switch to switch between 2 HDMI sources, supports HDMI CEC .
- Supports 4K@60Hz YUV 4:4:4, HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG-HDR, also compatible with all lower resolutions, supports HDCP 2.2
This HDMI Switch 2x1 is also a 2-port HDMI Audio Extractor. The device routes the sound of an HDMI signal (up to Ultra-HD 4K HDR resolution) to an AV receiver, soundbar or active speakers. The HDMI signal is passed through without loss. The VSW02102 supports Ultra-HD 4K and is downward compatible with all lower resolutions. The built-in HDMI switch can be used to switch between 2 HDMI sources. The audio EDID can be switched manually. The ARC (Audio Return Channel) is supported. This allows the extracted TV sound to be output via the digital output.
The Audio Mode switch allows you to specify which audio format the HDMI source outputs when multiple audio formats are possible. This allows the HDMI source to deliver 5.1 sound when connected to a stereo TV or video projector, for example.
- Auto/ Bypass, the output is based on the best sound format supported by the connected HDMI device.
- 2.0: Output is in stereo on all outputs.
- 5.1: The output is in 5.1 sound format (Dolby Digital or DTS, only if 5.1 sound track is available).
Note: The Audio Extractor does not convert the signal, but causes the HDMI source to output the respective signal if present. HD sound formats such as Dolby TrueHD, Atmos, DTS-HD can only be transmitted via HDMI. Via SPDIF Toslink, stereo (LPCM 2.0) or 5.1 sound (Dolby Digital/AC-3 or DTS) can be transmitted, depending on the source material. Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) cannot be output via SPDIF. HDMI sources such as Google Chromecast, which only output DD+ or stereo, therefore only provide stereo sound. The ARC sound from the TV can only be output digitally and not via cinch analogue.
- Range with standard HDMI cable 24AWG at 1080p: max. 10 m at input + 8 m at output, at 4K: max. 5 m at input + 5 m at output.
- Power consumption 2.5 W
- Dimensions (W×L×H) 104 x 62 x 23 mm.
Scope of delivery: 2-port audio extractor, power supply.