- As eARC Audio Extractor the audio signal from the TV is routed to a normal HDMI input from the sound system.
- A HDMI Audio Splitter splits the signal from a source player: Once for a sound system (with black picture), once for a TV or video projector (audio & video)
- When connected to a modern TV with HDMI eARC, all audio signals are transmitted to your sound system via HDMI. An AV receiver with HDMI 1.3 input or higher is sufficient.
- The sound from Smart TV apps as well as HDMI sources connected to the TV such as Apple TV, Fire TV, Xbox and Playstation are thus transmitted in the highest audio quality - all HDMI 2.1 features of game consoles are still possible
- In the mode as HDMI Audio Splitter, the signal of an HDMI source is split between TV/video projector and AV receiver. The sound system receives the audio signal with black image via HDMI (HDMI 1.3 or higher is sufficient), the TV receives the signal up to 4K 60Hz HDR/Dolby Vision unchanged.
The VAX01202 is a solution for connecting the latest TVs with HDMI-eARC connection to previous sound systems. Modern players such as XBox Series X or PlayStation PS5 can thus be connected directly to the TV, even via HDMI 2.1, so there are no restrictions on video formats or gaming. At the same time, high-quality audio formats can be played as normal HDMI signals via the AV receiver. The VAX01202 converts the eARC audio signals into a conventional HDMI signal for this purpose. The AV receiver or sound system therefore does not need to support a new video format. A black picture plus audio is delivered. All eARC audio formats are possible, e.g. Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, PCM5.1, Dolby MAT, Dolby Atmos. All that is needed is a standard HDMI input on the sound system. An HDMI-ARC connection on a soundbar is not suitable for connection.
The VAX01202 can be used as an HDMI audio splitter after manual switching. The signal from an HDMI source is thus split between the TV/projector and the sound system. An HDMI signal up to a maximum of 4K 60Hz Dolby Vision is passed through at the TV output. The sound system receives a black image and the audio signal. This means that older AV receivers can also be operated with HDMI 1.3/1.4. In this connection mode, no HDMI-eARC/ARC connection is necessary. The VAX01202 can thus also be operated on a video projector or monitor.
- Power supply via USB, USB device socket or mains adapter required (5V 350 mA, not included).
- No operation possible on HDMI-ARC connection of a soundbar, sound system requires normal HDMI input (HDMI-ARC connection of a soundbar is an HDMI output!).
- When using as eARC Audio Extractor, please refrain from direct connection between AV receiver and TV or switch off HDMI-CEC on the AV receiver. Otherwise a loop with malfunction will occur.