- True 2x2 matrix switch for distribution of 2 HDMI sources such as media player and game console to 2 displays, e.g. TV and video projector
- Additional HDMI Audio Extractor delivers sound to a sound system (via SPDIF / Toslink in 5.1 Dolby Digital / DTS, or analogue stereo via jack socket)
- Supports Ultra-HD resolution up to 4K 60Hz with HDR10, HDR-HLG and Dolby Vision, HDCP2.2 as well as all sound formats, HDMI-CEC is supported on input 1
- With EDID management (Copy EDID function, 4K HDR 5.1 fixed or automatic) to prioritise the output format
- High-quality metal housing, all functions controllable on the switch itself or via included infrared remote control
The VMS02201 is a HDMI 2.0 Matrix Switch 2×2 for distributing 2 HDMI sources to 2 displays (e.g. TV and video projector). You can also use it to supply a sound system, because an HDMI audio extractor is built in. This makes the VMS02201 ideal for use in a small home cinema. This "real" HDMI 2.0 matrix switch distributes the signal to both displays simultaneously, similar to a splitter. You can alternatively watch device 1 on display A and at the same time device 2 on display B. You can influence the HDMI handshake via the EDID selector switch.
Copy: The HDMI sources only recognise display A and optimise the output for it. Display B receives the same video and audio format. Therefore, connect your main TV to Output A.
Auto: The HDMI source provides the best possible format supported by both displays. The "worse" display thus limits the output, but both have picture and sound.
4k 5.1: It will indicate to the HDMI source that 4k HDR and 5.1 sound is supported. Even if the displays do not support it. Select this setting when connecting a monitor or projector as well as a 5.1 sound system.
When changing the EDID mode, be aware that some HDMI sources require a reboot with mains disconnection for a clean handshake! HDMI CEC is supported on input 1. You can therefore control HDMI source 1 with the TV remote control. If you connect 2 TVs, it is imperative that HDMI-CEC be switched off on one.
Scope of delivery:
HDMI Matrix Switch, plug-in power supply, remote control, battery
Does what it promises. Highly recommended.
4k60pHDR with Playstation PRO => works. Dolby DTS decoupled on AV receiver => works. CEC with my universal remote control of my Samsung 55'4kHDR TV on my Playstation PRO => works. HDCP 2.2 works with PS5. 4kHDR Blu-ray running. The rest of course too. Switched sound output to PS once and everything worked immediately. I think you should save yourself all those cheap things and buy this right away. Makes a high-quality impression. My main use is that the PS5 doesn't have an optical output, but I needed it on the PS4 to give Dolby DTS on my HDMI 1.4b AV receiver and send the 4k60pHDR signal straight to my HDMI 2.0 TV as the receiver doesn't pass that through can.