- Connect headphones or a stereo system to the HDMI-ARC connection of your TV with this adapter (suitable for Full-HD and Ultra-HD)
- You can use both outputs (Cinch stereo and 3.5 mm jack) at the same time, the volume can be controlled via the TV remote control (via HDMI-CEC)
- A USB socket is required for the power supply (e.g. from the TV). The internal TV speakers usually switch off in ARC mode.
- Sound output only with stereo, please change sound format on TV to PCM stereo (NOT DolbyDigital or bypass), output level 2 V p-p, distortion factor THD < 0.05%, frequency range 20-15000 Hz
- Please switch on active speakers and loudspeakers without protection circuit only after the TV, Solid metal housing, HDMI and USB connection cable included, Current consumption < 50mA (< 0.25 W power)
With the VMA00101, you can tap the TV's audio (from internal receivers for cable or satellite TV, apps) at the HDMI socket. The audio signal is then converted to analogue and output via cinch in stereo and 3.5 mm jack. The conversion is only possible in stereo - not from Dolby Digital or another multi-channel format. Therefore, the audio format "PCM" / "LPCM stereo" must be set on the TV set. With "Bitstream" or multi-channel PCM, the adapter does not provide any sound. For power supply, the adapter is connected to a free USB socket via the supplied cable. The VMA00101 then always switches on together with the TV, so that no operation is required. If necessary, you can switch the adapter off manually. Volume control is possible via HDMI-CEC (also called Anynet+, Simplink, VieraLink, EasyLink, BraviaLink). Please note that televisions have only one HDMI-ARC connection. Usually, the TV switches off the internal speakers when you use HDMI-ARC. You can use the jack and RCA connections on the VMA00101 at the same time. The jack output provides a combined audio signal from both stereo channels for optimal speech intelligibility. If your connected stereo system or active speakers do not have a switch-on delay, please switch on the TV first to avoid a crackling noise.
- A USB socket is required for power supply (e.g. from the TV).
- The internal TV speakers usually switch off in ARC mode.
- The sound output is only possible in stereo, please change the sound format on the TV to PCM stereo (NOT DolbyDigital or Bypass / Passthrough)
- Please switch on active speakers and stereo system only after the TV in order to avoid a crackling noise.
Scope of delivery:
HDMI-ARC adaptor, HDMI cable 1 m, USB cable