Continue to use home cinema system even for Ultra HD
- Bypasses the limitations of the audio formats of the video projector, monitor or TV and the video formats of the AV receiver.
- Delivers the sound of an HDMI source, e.g. Xbox, PlayStation, PC, Blu-ray, additionally to a sound system
- Connection: via HDMI to source (media player, notebook etc.) and TV / projector, via Cinch to stereo system, via SPDIF or HDMI to soundbar or AV receiver
- Supported formats Audio see below
- Supported formats video: up to 4k 60Hz HDR Dolby Vision or 1440p 120Hz, no support for HDMI 2.1 and VRR/Freesync
- Also supports Dolby Atmos / Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD
- Downscaler for HDMI audio output, for compatibility with HDMI 1.3 /1.4
- Dimensions: 122 x 57 x 20 mm
This HDMI 2.0 HD Audio Extractor additionally routes the sound of an HDMI signal to an AV receiver, sound bar or active speakers. The HDMI signal is passed through without loss. Resolutions up to Ultra-HD/ 4K HDR are supported (up to 18 GBit/s data rate). The VAX01203 is downward compatible with all low resolutions. Supports HDMI CEC between TV and source (not to sound system).
The power supply is provided by the included power supply unit. Alternatively, the extractor can be powered from a USB socket (current consumption 180 mA). An adapter cable is supplied. The Extractor switches on and off automatically together with the respective device.
With the audio mode switch, you can determine which sound format the HDMI source outputs if several sound formats are possible. This means that the HDMI source can also deliver 7.1 sound to a video projector, for example. The switch has 3 settings:
|Switch||Audio output||Supported audio formats|
||All outputs are stereo||PCM stereo|
|5.1||Output in 5.1 multi channel if available, AUX output will be mute when 5.1 sound is playing||PCM stereo, DTS, Dolby Digital|
|7.1||Supports HD Audio, Dolby Atmos is possible via HDMI, other outputs are mute if HD Audio is playing||PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1, DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus with Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD|
HDMI only audio output:
A downscaler is automatically activated on this output if the external player outputs an Ultra HD signal with 2160p. The original 2160p 50/60Hz signal is scaled to 1080p 50/60Hz. This makes the signal compatible with an older AV receiver with HDMI 1.3 interface. The signal at the HDMI TV output is not affected. An input signal with 1440p is not scaled. This 1440p format cannot be processed by all AV receivers.
Note: The sound system must have a real HDMI input for operation. Operation with HDMI-ARC is not possible. Not suitable for Sonos or Bose Soundbar.